<$BlogRSDUrl$>

February 03, 2005

Interferences 

I have some ideas for very different posts, one about Iraq (a never-ending topic) and another about scaling problems - and maybe some minor ideas. But my PhD work demands attention too, so for the moment I'll just thank David Boxenhorn for adding The Italian Version to his blogroll.

Well, I can also give a preview of the scaling problems. Often laymen ask "Why you engineers can't do that?" or "Why that thingie that works so nicely in a laboratory is still not used in the industry?". And sometimes they imply that engineers (and also scientists) are lazy and not putting enough effort in their work. Well, no. Scaling up a lab-size plant to industrial size is a scaling problem, and a rather difficult one. In my post I'll try to explain why things that work well on a small scale work less well on a large scale.

Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?