<$BlogRSDUrl$>

June 21, 2006

Summer Solstice 

Another busy day at work - training an MSc student, among other things - so just another little filler here.

I was forgetting it, but today it's the summer solstice, the longest day of the year in the northern emisphere.

I'm not into druidic stuff at all, but sun on your skin is just good, for both body and mind. I can very well understand why people, especially at these northern latitudes, celebrated it. I've been tempted to stick stones in the ground myself, actually...

In London, today (21st June) sunrise is at 4:43 and sunset at 21:22, for a staggering total of 17h 21min of light in the sky.

But then then you have to pay it back in winter: on the 21st of December, sunrise is at 8:04 and sunset at 15:53. I haven't got used to these wild variations, and probably won't. But I can still enjoy summer.

Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?